Team SOS
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Forums
Pokemon Video Games
Pokemon TCG
Pokedex
Latest topics
» Post your TeamSOS screenies here!
SOS's First RMT =O EmptyMon Apr 19, 2010 9:40 pm by revolutionX1600

» Castlevania Gaming Thread
SOS's First RMT =O EmptyMon Apr 19, 2010 7:51 am by Fossul

» THIS TITLE TOPIC BE RED.
SOS's First RMT =O EmptyMon Apr 19, 2010 7:39 am by Fossul

» looking for a Rayquaza
SOS's First RMT =O EmptyFri Apr 16, 2010 8:42 am by gizmo

» The "What are you listening to?" thread
SOS's First RMT =O EmptyMon Apr 12, 2010 10:14 pm by BreezZy

» Hai2upeople
SOS's First RMT =O EmptyMon Apr 12, 2010 5:54 pm by revolutionX1600

» HAI EVERYONE :)
SOS's First RMT =O EmptyMon Apr 12, 2010 5:53 pm by revolutionX1600

» The Modern Warfare 2 Discussion!
SOS's First RMT =O EmptyMon Apr 12, 2010 2:50 pm by Broro

» The "How was your day" thread
SOS's First RMT =O EmptySun Apr 11, 2010 4:49 pm by Broro

Top posters
TheShayminZone (426)
SOS's First RMT =O I_vote_lcapSOS's First RMT =O I_voting_barSOS's First RMT =O I_vote_rcap 
MeltedGlaceon (209)
SOS's First RMT =O I_vote_lcapSOS's First RMT =O I_voting_barSOS's First RMT =O I_vote_rcap 
Olrarwa (180)
Spongebob (168)
TheWalkerGuy (161)
whitelunick (157)
Burningleafeon (120)
killer (105)
MrNightShroud (90)
XenosagaII (78)

Affiliates
free forum

SOS's First RMT =O

2 posters

Go down

SOS's First RMT =O Empty SOS's First RMT =O

Post by Hlaalu Sat Apr 10, 2010 7:59 am

Right, here's a new OU team I've come up with. It looks pretty good on paper, but it didn't give me the results I wanted on shoddy - only winning about 60% of my battles. I made a couple of changes, but got no major results - hence this RMT.

SOS's First RMT =O 260

Swampert @ Leftovers
Torrent
Careful
252 HP / 76 Atk / 180 Def

-Stealth Rock
-Earthquake
-Avalanche
-Protect

I know you're going to tell me to use smogon's 'LeadPert' - and I did try it out. However, I find this Swampert to be more effective, since Pert's special attack is pointless. Anyway, this pert is purely designed to get rocks up, and - if possible - hang around until later to take hits from Heatran. Protect is there over roar just for scouting purposes, and for the odd explosion from gross and azelf leads.

SOS's First RMT =O 94

Gengar @ Life Orb
Levitate
Timid
252 SpA / 252 Spe / 4 Def

-Shadow Ball
-HP fire
-Focus Blast / Energy Ball
-Protect

Standard MYSTICgar here. Protect is obviously the crux of this set, as it means Gengar isn't royally screwed as soon as Scizor shows it's face - and it also gives other scouting opportunities. The other 3 moves give great coverage - but I'm not sure whether to run EnergyBall or FocusBlast. Do I want coverage for Ttar or for Pert?
I'm inclined towards FocusBlast right now, but could be swayed if you guys think another move would be more benificial.

SOS's First RMT =O 145

Zapdos @ Leftovers
Pressure
Bold
248 HP / 228 Def / 32 Spe

-Thunderbolt
-Heatwave
-Roost
-HP Ice

Yep, Smogon's Physically Defensive Zapdos spread - my one stop counter for Scizor, Lucario, Heracross, Flygon, Breloom and Gyarados. OK, so 'counter' is a bit of a lie, since almost all of the mentioned pokemon can carry StoneEdge (though I've never seen a Lucario or Flygon carrying StoneEdge, ond only occasionally see Breloom and Gyara with it). Obviously Scizor is the big one, and the main reason for me having Zapdos. HP Grass over HP Ice? I lose the ability to counter Flygon, but Pert has sometimes been a bit of an issue on shoddy. This Zapdos is essential, and while I may edit it, I will not get rid of it.

SOS's First RMT =O 398

Empoleon @ Leftovers
Torrent
Calm
252 HP / 156 Def / 92 SpD / 8 Spe

-Surf
-Grass Knot
-Ice Beam
-Roar

I love bulky Empoleon. It provides a decent check for MixMence - able to come in on a DracoMeteor, live the following EQ, and then OHKO with Ice Beam. It also checks most variants of Latias, and even the bulky CMers who would shrug of Ice Beams can be simply phazed out. Same goes for variants of Suicune. Gyara can also encounter difficulties with this Empoleon, if it lacks EQ. Empoleon provides a great answer to Rain teams - since most SwiftSwimmers struggle against Empoleon's typing - including kingdra. 8 Spe EVs are present to ensure Swamperts that have 4 Spe EVs are outsped and OHKOed with Grass Knot.

SOS's First RMT =O 306

Aggron @ Choice Band
Rock Head
Adamant
252 Atk / 252 Spe / 4 Def

-Head Smash
-Earthquake
-Super Power / Low Kick
-Ice Punch

A CB boosted Head Smash from 110 base attck is nothing to laugh at, even in the OU tier. Anything that doesn't resist it, is gonna get wreaked by it, and even some pokes that do resists it, will get wreaked by it - eg, Breloom can be OHKO'd after SR, and the mighty Swampert is almost 2HKOed. The point of this set is to bring Aggron in on one of it's many resistances, or a non-super-effective physical move, and fire off a Head Smash, or one of the other moves if you feel like predicting. The other 3 moves are basically fillers, so can be switched around to maximise coverage.

SOS's First RMT =O 487

Azelf @ Choice Scarf
Levitate
Adamant
252 Atk / 252 Spe / 4 Def

-Zen Headbutt
-Fire Punch
-U-turn / Explosion
-Thunder Punch / Ice Punch

This Azelf functions as my revenge killer. The main problem here is 4-slot-syndrome. Azelf simply has too many options, and I don't know which ones to use. Zen Headbutt and Fire Punch are a must, but it's the last two slots that pose the problem - U-turn, Explosion and the 2 remaining elemental punches. U-turn is great for scouting, and does a nice chunk to weavile and Ttar if they switch in. Explosion from azelf is a guaranteed OHKO on anything which doesn't resist it. Ice punch lets me kill mence and Dnite, even when they have a DD up, thanks to the scarf, and Thunder punch lets me do the same for gyara. Your valuable insight on this matter would be appreciated ;)

In conclusion; I want to get better results from this team, and ideally I'd like to make it a little less 'whorey' - but I know those two ideals don't fit together. Any help on either of these fronts would be much appreciated.

Also, here's the resistence/weakness chart.

SOS's First RMT =O Resistance_chart

Last edited by Hlaalu on Sat Apr 10, 2010 8:56 am; edited 1 time in total
Hlaalu
Hlaalu
New Trainer
New Trainer

Kudos : 4

Back to top Go down

SOS's First RMT =O Empty Re: SOS's First RMT =O

Post by Broro Sat Apr 10, 2010 8:27 am

I suck at making good team so IDK, but maybe you should say what game it is for?

Idk if you already did, tl;dr xD, but you should change your post title to "[red] **" if its red, you know..
Broro
Broro
New Trainer
New Trainer

Kudos : 12

Back to top Go down

Post by Hlaalu Sat Apr 10, 2010 11:19 am

I guess, but the fact I'm using it on shoddy should make it obvious the team is designed for the current metagame - so HG/SS.
Hlaalu
Hlaalu
New Trainer
New Trainer

Kudos : 4

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum